Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)
Date : 01/04/2017 - 02/08/2018 | Sector: Promotion of handloom weavers
The broad objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- To empower handloom weavers and build their capacity to enhance competitiveness of their products in the domestic as well as global market in a sustainable and reliant manner;
- To facilitate collectivization of handloom weavers and service provides for procurement, production, marketing and other support activities to promote sustainable growth and diversification;
- To give a proper thrust to design development through creation of design studio and involvement of professional designers,
- To involve professional marketing chains and marketers to identify the items of production to meet the changing demands of the market,
- To provide requisite support/linkages in terms of adequate core & technical infrastructure, technology, product diversification, design development, raw material banks, marketing & promotion, credit, social security and other components that are vital for sustainability of weavers engaged in the handloom sector;
- To provide for development of handloom clusters in an inclusive and holistic manner in an environment of empowered and participative decision making;
- To encourage convergence of schematic assistance and support services from various schemes and programmes of various government and other agencies in the cluster to optimize resource utilization for betterment of the livelihood, quality of life of handloom wavers and increase income level of the weavers.
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) model in the form of collaboration between the Government, beneficiary weavers & their group, financially creditworthy & commercially linked marketing enterprises and the financial Institutions.
In Changlang district, the Jairampur Handloom Cluster was implemented under Nampong & Jairampur Sub-Division by providing 15 numbers of Individual Workshed and 1 number of Group Workshed and also providing Solar Lamp to selected 20 numbers beneficiaries in different areas of Jairampur & Nampong Circle. In addition to that 2 numbers of Yarn Depot is also running in Regional Mill gate Price.
Provision of Individual Workshed and Group Workshed
How To Apply
Contact the department for application form and detailsView