Indian tourists intended to visit any part of Changlang District need an Inner Line Permit which can be obtained from the following authorities:-
- Resident commissioner, Arunachal Bhavan, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyaputi, New Delhi-110 001, Phone: 011-23013915, 23013956.
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, CE-109, Sector-1, Salt Lake City, Calcutta, Phone: 033-23341243, 23584107.
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Shillong, Pin-793001, Meghalaya, Phone: 0364-2224247, 2223895.
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, R.G. Baruah Road, Guwahati-781021, Assam, Phone: 0361-2562859, 2566720.
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Parvati Nagar, Tezpur, Assam, Phone: 03712-220241.
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Mohanbari, Dibrugarh, Assam, Phone: 0373-282560, 220398.
- Deputy Commissioner, Changlang District, Changlang – 792 120, Arunachal Pradesh, Phone: 03808-222221, 222618.
- Additional Deputy Commissioner, Miao – 792 122, Changlang District, Arunachal Pradesh, Phone: 03807-222245.
The Inner Line Permit can also be obtained from The Secretary (Tourism), Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar- 791 111.
Individual foreigner visiting Arunachal Pradesh or Changlang District require Restricted Area Permit (R.A.P) from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government.of India, F-1, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi- 110 001. Tel: 619709. Group tourists consisting of at least 4 (four) members can obtain the R.A.P from
- All F.R.R.O at Calcutta, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai;
- Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai;
- The Commissioner Home, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar- 791 111.
Area : 4,662 Square Km.
Longitude : 95°11′ to 97°10′ East.
Latitude : 26°40′ to 27°40′ North.
Altitude : 200 metres to 4500 metres.
Temperature (deg C): 5°C to 40°C.
Clothing : Summer- cottons, Winter- woolen.
Languages spoken : Tangsa, Singpho, Assamese, Hindi, English.
Best season : October to April.
How to get there:
- Air : Nearest airport Dibrugarh (136 km from Changlang township, 156 km from Miao) is connected with Calcutta by Indian Airlines as well as private airlines.
- Rail: Nearest railway station Margherita is connected by local passenger train with Tinsukia which in turn is connected with major cities of India.
- Road: Motorable roads connect most of the places of Changlang District. From Dibrugarh, Changlang township is 140 km, Miao 160 km, Jairampur 139 km and Bordumsa 108 km. From Margherita, the nearest entry point, Changlang township is 45 km, Miao 65 km, Jairampur 44 km and Bordumsa 50 km. For more detail, refer distance chart.
- Director, Information and Public Relation, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Naharlagun, Tel: (0360) 2244115.
- Government of India Tourist Office, Sector- C, Naharlagun- 791 110. Tel: (0360) 2244328