Border Area Development Programme (BADP) Scheme
Border Area Development Programme was launched to meet the special development needs of the people living in remote and inaccessible areas near the international border. Its primary objectives were to:
- Create infrastructure in border areas
- Provide economic opportunities to people living in the vicinity of the border
- instil a sense of security among the people living in border areas.
The BADP programme was introduced as a “Centrally Sponsored Scheme” and is implemented by state governments under the monitoring of Department of Border Management under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The key features of the (2015) modified Border Area Development Programme (BDAP) guidelines are as follows:
- BADP Programme has been now extended to all villages located within 0-10 km of International border in all the 17 states that share India’s international borders.
- Within these villages, the villages identified by the Border Guarding Forces will get first priority.
- The Empowered Committee on BADP under the secretary, Department of Border Management will now include representatives of Ministries of Rural Development, Sports, Health etc.
- Some new schemes for convergence to BADP have been included viz. Swachhta Abhiyan, Skill Development Programmes, Rural / border tourism, scientific farming etc.
- Provisions for third party inspection and quality control mechanism have been included.
- Special and specific area schemes have been included under which some villages are to be developed as model villages.
In Changlang district this time, the Textile and Handicraft department has given training to 480 number of beneficiaries both boys & girls for the period of 2 months training programme in “Capacity Building & Skill Development Training Programme” against CD’Block of Changlang, Khimiyang, Manmao, Nampong and Kharsang border blocks in different trades like Weaving, Knitting, Tailoring, Cane & Bamboo, Electrical & Plumber, etc.
Two months training programme on Capacity Building & Skill Development.
How To Apply
Contact Textile and Handicraft departmentView