Shri PEMA KHANDU
- Father’s Name : Late Dorjee Khandu
- Date and place of birth : 21/08/1979 at Gyangkhar village Lemberdung
- Marital Status : Married
- Detail of family : Wife, 2 sons and 2 daughters
- Educational Background :
- Secondary School: Govenment Secondary School, Bomba, Tawang, year 1995,
- Higher Secondary School: Donyi-Polo Vidya Bhawan, Itanagar, year 1997,
- Graduation: Graduated from Hindu College, Delhi University, BA (Hons) History, year 2000,
- Tribe : Monpa
- Travel : Japan, Thailand, Macau, Sri Lanka, USA, Canada, South Africa, Bhutan and all India.
- Hobbies : Music, Social Service.
- Sports : Football, Cricket, Badminton and Volleyball.
- Political and social activities :
- Actively assisted father Late Dorjee Khandu, Former Chief Minister, Arunachal Pradesh since 1998.
- Sworn in as cabinet minister (WRD and tourism) on May 20, 2011 in Jarbom Gamlin Goverment.
- Cabinet Minister for Rural Work and Tourism, since November 21, 2011 in Nabam Tuki goverment and thereafter for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Art and Culture.
- Inducted as cabinet minister on June 1, 2014 in Nabam Tuki goverment after general election 2014.
- Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh since July 17, 2016 to till date.
- Special Interests :
- Chairman of Bodhi Language and literature promotional society.
- Conducted plantation drive in Tawang district at various blocks.
- Organized periodical medical camps at various blocks and village in Tawang district.
- Organized educational promotional programmes in Tawang district.
- Patronize talent search among local youths for preserving their traditional songs in entire Tawang and West Kameng district by conducting singing talent shows.
- Organized games and sports in village, block and district level on annual and seasonal basis.
- Champion for civil Army relation through conduct of annual Maitree Diwas.
Wireless Station – Tawang (APP)
Present residential address:
Doordarshan Kendra road,
Near State Circuit House,
Upper ‘C’- Sector,
Itanagar – 791 111,
Other information :
Keen for developing a peaceful and socio-economically vibrant Arunachal Pradesh with cordial relation among tribes of the state. Focused on governance related systemic reforms to build a solid bedrock of administration.